Monday, April 23, 2012

Broccoli muffins & the "2 week Paleo Challenge"

So - check these guys out! 
Broccoli muffins! I know right? Gross. Haha! But no - really - I can't believe how yummy they are. I snatched the recipe up on a site I just recently stumbled across Little B's Healthy Habits. Such a great site for recipes - I love being able to try different things and have them still be healthy. 






Please make these! Easy peasy - and cheap! (who doesn't love that!)


2 cups of broccoli
8 egg whites
Whatever spices you like - I've only tried garlic salt & pepper so far


Blend together - pour mixture into pre-nonstick sprayed wells of muffin pan - and bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 


And done! Easy, right? =) You're welcome! They do sink into a funky shape when you take them out - don't be alarmed - it gives 'em a little character!




This recipe comes from my "I just started today, here's hoping I get through it in one piece, Paleo Challenge". Normally it's called a 30 day (or more) Paleo Challenge -but let's not get crazy! I just need a quick clean up as I've been a little more "relaxed" in my eating habits! And let's face it - I work far too hard in the gym to let all of my work go to waste. 


What does Paleo mean? Well in the wise words of my hubby - to make it to where I could understand and wouldn't follow up with a million examples - if it came from the ground or had a face at some point - you can eat it. (Excluding legumes and potatoes - save for sweet potatoes). Great description right? Anyway - point is to clean up your eating! It's not easy - just takes a LOT of preparation. Luckily I'm used to food prepping for the week anyway - now I just need to be a bit more strict with it. 


So here we go - me, two weeks; Jake, 30 days. He's crazy. I know. But gotta respect the discipline!


On a completely unrelated note - what the business is up with this So Cal weather today? I was NOT prepared! Either rain or don't Cali - none of this in between stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment